About Me

My photo
I’m a diy, penny pinchin’, first time home owner, wife to my amazing helper of a husband, one sweet little type 1 diabetic daughter and one smart creative little boy(or should I say young man!). There isn’t a thing I won’t buy if I think I can make it myself. So I hope you enjoy my attempt to save a little money and share my attempts to make our house a home.

Shop adore:made

Monday, February 27, 2012

Toddler Sun hat

the little lady photo by: The Mrs.
 I pinned the pattern about a week ago and hit up the fabric store (girls trip) yesterday and bought a bunch of fabric that I had loosely planned for but it's all so fun and springy I thought "hey I should make that hat" so I started it last night and wouldn't you know we woke up to a blanket of snow :O just how my world turns....oh well the little lady is already planning on having one for every outfit for out beach trip in April :D these are addicting so unless you have the time don't even attempt! For your sewing pleasure I am linking the pattern I came across and the sew along I happened to find which is waaaayyyyyy easier then the way the book says it should be done( I am referring to this pattern also being in the Oliver and S book

Pattern and instructions: http://www.melaniefalickbooks.com/storage/STCCraft_OliverS_BucketHatPattern_.pdf

Sew along (highly recommended) : http://alittlegray.blogspot.com/2011/08/lttsa-bucket-hats-part-3-look-no-hand.html

photo by: The Mrs
I am a PERFECTIONIST so I pressed and pressed every seem and top stitched every inch of the hat possible. It does run a little small too! I made the large for my very averaged sized small headed three year(who are we kidding almost FOUR!) old I think it will last her a couple years though but totally wearable xoxo enjoy!

Not a sewer?! Check out www.adoremade.etsy.com

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had read all the way through your post before making my own hats! The sizing definitely runs small. I had the same trouble with the medium hat not fitting a 3-year-old and the large not fitting a 5-year-old. They did turn out adorable, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up about sizes, Veronica. And thank you for this lovely hat pattern. I have just made my granddaughter a sundress and wanted a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information..nice not to waste fabric ....can enlarge...Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete